January 22, 2024
If you’re a fan of hummus, you’ll know that it goes great with pita. While you can eat them separately, they are quite simply, better together. The one really complements the other. The same can be said of HubSpot’s Inbound Marketing methodology and Account-Based Marketing (ABM).
To make sure we’re all on the same page, let’s start by defining these methodologies:
Attracts customers by creating valuable content and experiences tailored to them. It’s about building meaningful relationships with consumers, prospects, and customers.
A B2B strategy in which marketing and sales work together to create personalized buying experiences for a select set of high value companies.
Inbound lays the foundation for a strong ABM strategy
According to HubSpot, inbound marketing helps you attract contacts associated with your target accounts. ABM accelerates the flywheel (the cyclical marketing funnel comprising attract, engage, and delight) so you can win and delight your target accounts by providing a standout customer experience. By using inbound, you’re able to carry out highly-targeted allocation of the most relevant resources to your high-value accounts. As a B2B marketer, by using this combined approach you can attract a broader group of prospects than you would if you were only using one method.
Double up and deliver value
Your carefully crafted content has a two-for-one value. You can create and use content that serves both your ABM and inbound strategy. As an example, once you’ve created a personalized case study for a target account, you can also share on your website.
Leverage account-based marketing tools
HubSpot’s ABM tool makes it easy to implement ABM and inbound strategies in a complementary way. Its CRM platform connects all of your sales and marketing data and allows enables customer-centric automation and personalization. It makes it easy to use data to segment and target your accounts and marketing automation to nurture your buyers or buying committee and hand over your leads to sales.
1. Set up ABM strategy quickly and smoothly
- Use workflow templates to define your ideal customer profiles and identify good-fit target accounts
- Set up default properties to tag accounts and buying roles
- Leverage AI-powered recommendations of target accounts
2. Allow sales & marketing to easily collaborate
- Use shared tools that unite your teams around the same data in the same place
- Use the Target Accounts feature to obtain a bird’s eye view of progress across all target accounts
- Use Slack to support high-value target accounts, post KPIs, and share notes
3. Attract high-value accounts & build deeper relationships through personalized engagement
- Personalize content and tailor how you engage with stakeholders within an account
- Use account-level targeting in LinkedIn Ads integration to target companies by account status or tier
- Deepen your relationships over time & build connections with stakeholders within each account
4. Track and measure key milestones on an account’s journey
- Use the account overview feature to understand what’s happening at an account level
- Employ out-of-the-box ABM reporting dashboards to get a higher-level view
- Obtain a higher level view using company scoring to identify the highest value accounts and prioritize reachout
As an added bonus, HubSpot’s apps and strategic partners including Slack, LinkedIn, Sigstr, Madison Logic, RollWorks, and Irioblio help you easily customize your ABM strategy.
ABM helps you communicate with high-value accounts as if they’re individual markets. HubSpot’s experience shows that if you do this, along with personalizing the buyer’s journey and tailoring all communications, content, and campaigns to those specific accounts, you’ll see greater ROI as well as a boost in customer loyalty. This is borne out by an ABMLA study, which shows that compared to other forms of marketing, 76% of B2B marketers who used ABM in 2020 reported increased ROI.
Using HubSpot inbound marketing and ABM tools to power your ABM strategy helps you identify your high-value targets, communicate effectively through the right channels, and deliver the results you need.